Father God,
All of You is more than enough for all of me,
for ev’ry thirst and ev’ry need.
You satisfy me with Your love,
and all I have in You is more than enough.
So many things we could be praying for, Lord. All good things can only come from You.
We could ask for ease of life, but we'd be stunted in our growth, cut off from Your greater blessings.
We ask for health, for You are the giver of life. Lord, one little bug can cripple us. We ask for strength of character when we are sick.
We could ask for wealth, but what silly little play things they are compared to Your vast kingdom.
Verse 1
You’re my supply, my breath of life;
still more awesome than I know.
You’re my reward, worth living for;
still more awesome than I know.
We could ask to be surrounded by beauty, but that would be disregarding all that You have surrounded us with: the blue of the ice, the valor of the chickadee, the strength of our husbands' arms, the depth of our own eyes in the mirror, the grin of a child, the warm fur of a pet....
still more awesome than I know.
You’re my reward, worth living for;
still more awesome than I know.
We could ask to be surrounded by beauty, but that would be disregarding all that You have surrounded us with: the blue of the ice, the valor of the chickadee, the strength of our husbands' arms, the depth of our own eyes in the mirror, the grin of a child, the warm fur of a pet....
Forgive us Lord, when we are ungrateful, unseeing, of Your love.
We ask for Your comfort, for only under Your wings is there true peace that can whether the storms.
Verse 2
You’re my sacrifice of greatest price;
still more awesome than I know.
You’re my coming King, You are ev’rything;
still more awesome than I know.
We could ask for safety, but mountains are never climbed, battles never won, in safety.
You’re my sacrifice of greatest price;
still more awesome than I know.
You’re my coming King, You are ev’rything;
still more awesome than I know.
We could ask for safety, but mountains are never climbed, battles never won, in safety.
We ask for healed relationships, but don't let us replace You with them.
We ask for peace
and joy
but only the deep, true kind that comes from Your heart.
Bridge
More than all I want, more than all I need,
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I know, more than all I can,
You are more than enough.
Bridge
More than all I want, more than all I need,
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I know, more than all I can,
You are more than enough.
or ev’ry thirst and ev’ry need.
You satisfy me with Your love,
and all I have in You is more than enough.
So, Lord, we ask for more of You. We place on the altar all the things we must sacrifice in order to make room for more of You. We repent from the sins that do not allow us to have more of You.
And we pray for more of You in our Fort Drum community:
may the hurting soldier be cradled in Your arms.
May the deploying find success in their mission, for Your glory in a world of lost people.
May the working soldier be drawn closer to You.
May our families be nurturing places for our children.
May we as wives, mothers, friends, be overflowing with You.
It's a Monday Lord. Help us to accept the assignments You've placed before us, and get after it. We know You go before us, come behind us, and have Your hand on our head.
We love You. We need You.
Amen
The song is from Chris Tomlin. Here's a link to the melody:
http://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=569072
You satisfy me with Your love,
and all I have in You is more than enough.
So, Lord, we ask for more of You. We place on the altar all the things we must sacrifice in order to make room for more of You. We repent from the sins that do not allow us to have more of You.
And we pray for more of You in our Fort Drum community:
may the hurting soldier be cradled in Your arms.
May the deploying find success in their mission, for Your glory in a world of lost people.
May the working soldier be drawn closer to You.
May our families be nurturing places for our children.
May we as wives, mothers, friends, be overflowing with You.
It's a Monday Lord. Help us to accept the assignments You've placed before us, and get after it. We know You go before us, come behind us, and have Your hand on our head.
We love You. We need You.
Amen
The song is from Chris Tomlin. Here's a link to the melody:
http://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=569072
No comments:
Post a Comment