So let's get strong and pray! I used the song Hungry (Falling On My Knees) today.
Father in Heaven
Sunset's coming later, sunrise coming earlier in its pastel glory, the animals are finding more dry land, the roads are clearing up, the creeks are running, the birds are flitting about with new songs, the sap drips into the buckets. Thank You Lord God, for spring. Thank You for tangible evidence that what was once dead can be made alive again through Your strength. Thank You that You continue to care for us and provide for us and let us see the fulfillment of Your promises. Your faithful love is everlasting.
And You are God! You are the only one with the power to grant life. You are the source of the heat in the sun, the spark in the seed, the first breath of the newborn. Everything we have comes from You. Every breath is a gift, and with it we breathe "Abba, I belong to You."
Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
For I know You satisfy
Perhaps now is a good time to confess we're hungry for all the wrong things. I crave just the 'desserts' of life, not even realizing I'm starving for You. Instead I let my eyes and heart wander to wanting things. So many things. Forgive me Lord. So many blessings and I cry for more. Make us hungry for You Lord. Curb our appetite for the things that rust and get lost and fade away.
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry
Your love does not run dry
Lord Jesus, your love never ends. Your faithfulness never ends. Your patience and strength and wisdom have no bottom. Yet we are so weak. How quickly our endurance fails us. We need You to fill us. Fill us to overflowing, so it is You that boils over on people all around us. You be the One who answers our children's hundredth cry. You be the voice to respond to the hater. You be the One who reaches out to the sick neighbor.
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
Instead of rushing ahead of You, help us to trust. Instead of giving up hope, help us to be patient and see the signs of You working.
I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for
Broken I run to You
For Your arms are open wide
Lord, we weren't made for this. This world isn't the way it's supposed to be. It breaks us over and over again. But You know that. You are a God who understands, because You became one of us. Thank You Lord Jesus.
I am weary but I know Your touch
Restores my life
Restores my life
Lord, instead of praying to take all these troubles off our back, help us to pray like some of our brothers and sisters: Strengthen our backs to carry the cross You've set before us. Help us to grow this week. Show us the way to the life abundant.
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
I'm falling on my kneesSo I wait for You
Offering all of me
Jesus You're all
This heart is living for
God may we stay on our knees this week! Offering everything--our hopes, our talents, our rights, our comfort, our resources--everything to You Lord! Please use us in the harvest on Fort Drum. The world seems pretty messed up, but that must mean more people are hurting and looking for You.
For the wives, and husbands, on Fort Drum who are missing their deployed loved ones, we pray comfort and true peace--the kind that comes from knowing You. We pray for courage from You for their children. Lord be the shelter for mothers and fathers of the deployed.
We ask for safety for our men and women in Afghanistan. May the incoming miss its mark. May the soldiers sleep peaceably. May Your heavenly armies surround the helicopters and the FOBs. Give wisdom to the commanders. And may the Afghan people find their place in You.
And Lord may we all have success in the missions You have put before us; many of those missions supporting those troops. To Your glory Lord.
We love You, because You first loved us. In precious Jesus' name, Amen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvnbfypZ4wY&feature=kp
No comments:
Post a Comment