Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

Note: this is a guest post by Muriel Gregory.

What is your mind set on?

Paul tells us in Romans 7:25 that “I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.” I have to confess that this is a daily truth for me as well. The good news is that there is “no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” Romans 8:1. I am extremely thankful that there is no condemnation yet I need to daily remind myself that in the flesh I cannot please God (Romans 8:8). The choice is simple: I need to set my mind on the Spirit.

Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
    for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. Psalm 147:1

Heavenly Father, how beautiful is your Name and how joyful my heart is when I set my mind on you.

He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Lord, I have to confess that my flesh is weak. Sin easily entangles me. Friends and foes hurt me by word or deed. Thank you Father for being here, ever-present and always listening. Thank you for tending to me the moment I turn completely to you.

He determines the number of the stars;
    he gives to all of them their names. Psalm 147:4

Lord, the depth of your knowledge is beyond my understanding. You know the names of each star and you know my name; an intimacy I can barely fathom. This thought fills my heart with peace as I rest on the knowledge that I am never alone.

The Lord lifts up the humble;
    he casts the wicked to the ground. Psalm 147:6

Father, search my heart and remove any wickedness. I do not want to be lifted up by men. I will continue to seek you and you alone. Your praise, God, is all that matters to me.

Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
    make melody to our God on the lyre! Psalm 147:7

God, give me a grateful heart. Give me a heart that always says “thanks” regardless of the circumstances. Give me a heart that always turn to you with an attitude of praise. You and You alone are worthy of praise.

Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem!
    Praise your God, O Zion!
For he strengthens the bars of your gates;
    he blesses your children within you.
He makes peace in your borders;
    he fills you with the finest of the wheat. Psalm 147:12-14

All blessings come from You God. I want to stay obedient to you. I need to be in your protection. I am nothing without You. But with You I fear nothing. Melt my heart Lord and conform it to Yours.


Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment