Note: this is a guest post by Emily Moore.
A prayer based on Psalm 31.
O Lord, I take refuge in You; don’t let me put to
shame! Deliver me, in Your
righteousness; answer me and rescue me quickly! You are my Rock and my Fortress. Who else can I go to? If You fail me, I will be utterly destitute,
because my spirit has been committed into Your hands. Demonstrate Your saving power; prove Your
Name strong and secure! You are the
faithful God of all gods. You are my
redeemer, and I trust in You.
I hate those who pay regard to idols. They’re worthless! They cannot save anyone. I will rejoice and be glad in Your steadfast
love alone, because You see my trouble and rescue me. Idols are a deception, and the enemy seeks to
overtake me, but You have not delivered me into their hand. You know my suffering, and You will conquer
and save.
Be gracious to me, O Lord!
I am in distress! My heart, soul,
body and mind are sick with grief. I
know I don’t deserve Your grace. It’s
because of my sin that my strength fails.
And it’s because of my enemies that I’m shunned by all my
acquaintances. No one wants to be near
me, because they know it means trouble.
There’s no escape – people are conspiring against me on every side.
But I trust in You, Lord!
You are my God. Even though the
situation looks hopeless, You are my only hope.
My life is in Your hand. Rescue
me; make Your face shine on me and save me in Your steadfast love! Don’t make me look like a fool for trusting
You. Instead, make my enemies be
silenced! Let the wicked be put to
shame; turn the tables on those who were full of pride and contempt.
I know the end of the story.
You have stored up such abundant goodness for those who fear You and
take refuge in You! You will come
through. You thwart the plots of evil
men and You safeguard the righteous. It’s
so easy to get alarmed, in the middle of trouble! I said You cut me off from Your sight. But I spoke too soon. You have wondrously shown Your steadfast love
to me. You heard my pleas for mercy.
Love the Lord, all you his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful, but
abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the
Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment