You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand
You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand
You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand
So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You
So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Lord, we can't partly volunteer for the military. Our warriors give their whole body and mind.
We pray for ranks and ranks of soldiers giving body, mind and heart to You.
May we stand with heart abandoned to You.
This is our first prayer for our warriors: that they would know You.
We pray for the hurting soldier considering suicide. Lord, send Your angels.
Thwart the hurting's every bad plan. Bind the enemy's lies in their lives.
May they give up--surrender--only to You.
We pray for our warriors' spiritual lives: may they be growing in You.
With all the mire they have to wade through, please renew their minds and their hearts.
Help them find the balance to being in the world and not of it.
We pray for their relationships with others, may they sharpen iron.
We pray for their marriages. Lord, give courage and strength in extra measure for the extra hard times.
We pray for their times with their kids.
We pray for their emotions--help them to understand and work through it.
We pray for those who are preparing for new jobs in the winter rotation, and those retiring.
We pray for their bodies, O Great Physician, Great Creator.
Please keep them safe in deployment, in training, in traveling, in the work place.
Please give them the strength they need to do their jobs; the mental sharpness.
Please help the many who are injured. Thank You for doctors and medical improvements.
But mostly, they need Your touch.
We pray for others in our military family who are ill: for Amy and her baby, for Hayden, for _________
Lord, may the Chaplaincy be relevant and life-changing for You, from the Chief of Chaplain's office
on down.
We pray for Your soldiers around the world: the persecuted Christians, Pastor Saeed, the refugees.
We stand before You--awed--forgiven--amazed by joy as You have this all in Your hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment