Lord, the darkness threatens to overwhelm. The news spews darkness into our living rooms nightly. It's in our hospital rooms. It's spots all over the maps. It's the reports our soldiers get. Oh, how the enemy would like us to believe it surrounds. But,
You hem me in behind and before,
and You lay your hand upon me....
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide,
Your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to You;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to You.--Psalm 139:5-12
You Lord are our light. Not our leaders, or even our nation. Not the health of our family, or the presence of friends. Not the illusive peace in the world.
Just You. The Creator of the sun, the moon, and the millions of stars. The One who paints the aurora and sparks the flame. You are the good that reaches out a hand, that touches the untouchable, gives grace to the unforgivable.
You are in the prison in Iran. Beside the soldier in Afghanistan. In the child's cancer ward. Lord help us to see You.
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who lived in a land of deep darkness--on them light has shined.--Isaiah 9:2
And Lord, fill us with Your light--make us overflowing lights in our communities.
We pray for our soldiers' safety. May they not be overwhelmed in their spirits.
We pray for our children as they face their challenges.
We pray for our friends who have health problems.
We pray for Chaplain Mike and Jennifer in the darkness of losing their son.
We pray for the promotion boards, the people who write orders, the strategists. Lord, be the force behind our military, moving our leaders, especially the Chief of Chaplains' office.
We pray for Your help in this military life--for houses rented and sold and found.
We pray our chapels would be beacons.
We pray for Your people around the world, especially the persecuted.
Thank You Lord. We have hope that all these prayers will be answered.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not over come it. ---John 1:5
No comments:
Post a Comment