Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016

Click here to listen to and pray with: Nicole Mullen's My Redeemer Lives

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Well, I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
This life within me cries
I know my Redeemer lives, yeah

The God who sends us--who gives us our orders--goes ahead of us, comes behind us. He's already there.
The God who sends the rain--and stops the rain
Who stirs the wind and flattens the angry seas
You are our Lord.
And You would choose to redeem us--it's too much to hold

The very same God that spins things in orbit
Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
They conquered death to bring me victory

Now I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Let all creation testify
Let this life within me cry
I know my Redeemer, He lives
To take away my shame
And He lives forever, I'll proclaim
That the payment for my sin
Was the precious life He gave
But now He's alive and there's an empty grave

This world hurts so much some days Lord. You did not make us for death--separation--goodbyes. Without Your hope it is impossible to carry. But because of the empty grave, because You are our Redeemer, we can face today.

We pray You will be with the families of our fallen right now. May they know Your redemption. May they have peace--hope
Please give courage to those involved in the search and rescues.


Because He lives I can face tomorrow
I know, I know, He lives, He lives, yeah, yeah
I spoke with Him this morning
He lives, He lives, the tomb is empty
He lives, He lives, I've gotta tell everybody, yeah

We pray for our veterans who need redeeming from the pit. Lord, please save them from suicide.

We pray for safety for our deployed, and our ones who are home and training.

We pray for the goodbyes of PCS. Please help us to continue to be open to the new.
We pray for the family driving through the Yukon territory, for the mother with toddlers flying over the Atlantic, for the wife frustrated with the ugly new kitchen, for the warrior who has to walk away from the family to deploy, for the marriages going through the strain of moving. Lord, please help us through the maze of needing houses sold/bought/rented as You provide for us.

We pray for the new lives and new families--for those trying to carry to term, for those trying to close an adoption. You are the Giver of life and the Father of adopted children and You care for all.

And Life Giver, we pray for our many friends in need of healing. In their affliction, may they grow closer to You. May they use their bodies, broken or healed, to bring You glory. We pray for those with Lymes, those with Crohns, those with cancer, those with unknown.

And Lord, thank You for being with our leaders. Please give wisdom to the Chief of Chaplain's office, others in the Pentagon and on Capital Hill.

We can bring these requests to You with confidence because You are our Redeemer. Thank You Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment