Sunday, October 2, 2016

October 3, 2016

Praying with Psalm 102 today:

In the beginning You laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing You will change them and they will be discarded.
You are everlasting--beginning and end and Creator of all.

But You remain the same and Your years will never end.
Thank You for the works of the past
Thank You for the hope of the future.

The Lord looked down from His sanctuary on high, from heaven He viewed the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death.
Thank You for loving us now Lord. Thank You for hearing our cries.

Hear my prayer, Lord; let my cry for help come to You.
Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.
For our soldiers, Lord hear our cry. 
For our children, Lord hear our cry.
For our aging parents, Lord hear our cry.
For our marriages, our chapels, our leaders including the Chief of Chaplain's office--

For my days vanish like smoke; my bones burn like glowing embers. My heart is blighted and withered like grass; I forget to eat my food. In my distress I groan aloud and am reduced to skin and bones.
I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof.
Lord be with our warriors and our veterans. May they know, deep in their hearts, they are not alone.
We pray for the wounded warriors in the hospitals as they struggle without limbs, with terrible pain, with burns and infected flesh. Lord heal their hearts. Give wisdom and endurance to their doctors and chaplains and assistants.

All day long my enemies taunt me; those who rail against me use my name as a curse. For I eat ashes as my food and mingle my drink with tears
Lord please keep our military members safe. Place Your hedge of protection around their outposts. May the bases be under Your wings. Guide the ships with Your hand, hold up the planes on Your breath. But not for our glory Lord, rather raise Your name and draw all to You. May their enemies, those who hate Your Name, be silenced.

My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass.
Lord may our veterans feel Your presence--may the hound of heaven be unleashed on them! We pray against the spirit of suicide. May they find their purpose, their life mission, in You.
We pray for the family members of those who have taken their own life. Lord please hold them close.

But You Lord, sit enthroned forever; Your renown endures through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment