Lord God,
The stakes are high! We could lose it all. We are dying at the hands of those with great passion. We are losing our children to those with great commitment--who are willing to do anything for what they believe.
Lord, help Your church. For the glory of Your Name. We can't even want to--want to be on fire without Your help. We don't know where to start. We can't manufacture it. We can't even describe what it is. And those around us see when we are faking it.
Our church needs this. Our families need this. Help us to start with ourselves.
Lord, bring that first love back in my life--today.
Sometimes the run towards You slows to a walk. We get tired. Or discouraged. Distracted. Bored. We forget. Forget how important You are.
Forgive us.
Encourage us.
Remind us.
We pray for our husbands--our soldiers. We are on the front line of the spiritual battle for the souls around us. Our soldiers are fighting for the physical lives of our Christian brothers and sisters--overseas, and at home. Help us to see the battle as You do. Encourage the battle-weary. Let us see You use the work of our hands.
Whatever it takes to spark the fire, Lord, we pray a willing 'yes.'
And we pray for our children, as they ready to take the torch. 'The world is burning, and their friends are playing video games.' Lord, raise up a generation of on-fire, passionate followers. God, we get caught up in praying for their future, their happiness, their comfort. But we pray now for passion. For a love of You that is willing to sacrifice. it. all.
And may we be examples of that kind of love for them. Love is the best motivator. So Lord, deepen our love. Remind us of all You are. The Lord of the Universe, seated on the throne of heaven, surrounded by the angels and all kinds of heavenly host. Yet, You still the crowd, create a path, and beckon us to come climb on Your lap, whisper in Your ear.
Our soldiers are dying without seeing that path to You. Lord, make us burning torches to light the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lv9oMjv_0
God, I'm running for Your heart
I'm running for Your heart
Till I am a soul on fire
Lord, I'm longing for Your ways
I'm waiting for the day
When I am a soul on fire
Till I am a soul on fire
Lord, restore the joy I had
And I have one to bring me back
In this darkness, lead me through
Until all I see is You
Lord, let me burn for You again
Let me return to You again
And Lord, let me burn for You again
And let me return to You again
--Third Day's new song "Soul On Fire"
No comments:
Post a Comment