Let's pray with David in Psalm 27 today:
Dear Lord,
The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid?
The Lord protects me from danger--so why should I tremble?
When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
Though a mighty army surrounds me,
my heart will know no fear.
Even if they attack me,
I remain confident.
Thank You God for the continued safety of the majority of our troops. Thank You for good battle plans. Thank You for superior fire power. Thank You for excellent defenses. Thank You for good equipment. Our enemies are so hateful.
Thank You Lord for smart soldiers. For good hunches--intuition. Thank You for the awesome bomb-sniffing dogs. Thank You for night vision goggles, and amazing medics, and helicopters and planes and vehicles working right.
Thank You for children saved. For schools opened. For working relationships made. For community projects completed. For indigenous soldiers trained.
We pray for our soldiers still in harm's way:
--In Iraq, doing training, advising and flying missions
--In Afghanistan
--In Korea
--In Okinawa
--In Germany
--In numerous small outposts
--On massive ships
--and for our Special Forces in all kinds of forgotten places
We pray for our spies, and our allies. We pray for the doctor and his family who led us to BinLaden.
We pray for continued safety in our soldier's transportation. Whether it's the commute to work or a flight around the world, please bring them home.
The one thing I ask of the Lord--the thing I seek most--is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple.
For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary.
He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
Lord, how our soldiers need Your sanctuary. Their souls need rest, and beauty, and protection. Please be that for them. Not alcohol. Not anger. Not depression. But may they be wrapped in You. May their experiences be turned for good, as only You can do.
Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me!
My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Lord, hound our soldiers. May they get to chapel, and may it be a good word for them. Make them restless until they rest in You.
Starting with us Lord--Your believers. Make us listen. Thank You for the invitation to be with You. Forgive me when I ignore it. May my life say every day, "Lord, I am coming." And help me bring a friend.
Do not hide Yourself from me.
Do not reject Your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation!
Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.
For the glory of Your Name, Lord, we ask for continued success for our soldiers. Don't let us use our power corruptly. But help us to be Your tool. You have always been this nation's helper, please continue.
Teach me how to live, O Lord.
Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.
Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I've never done and breathe out violence against me.
Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
Yes, we will wait patiently for the Lord.
We will be brave and courageous.
Yes, we will wait patiently for the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment